This year is expected to be one of the highest online shopping years ever. With the ease of being able to shop at home on your couch, consumers are realizing there is no need to face busy crowds and wait in long lines when you can order virtually every gift online.
With this in mind, here is what you need to be cautious of:
- Click Here Emails: Be careful with emails that state you are being given a holiday
gift or free gift from a popular merchant – similar to the one on the right. Beware of the ‘Click Here' catch.
- Amazon Email Scam: Be cautious of emails you receive from Amazon that say your account is about to expire and your account will be de-activated if you don’t follow the provided steps.
- Bargain Shopper: If you are a bargain shopper, make sure to check online for reviews on Google or the Better Business Bureau. Type in the seller’s name/business with “scam” and see if it checks out.
- Gift Cards: If you are purchasing gift cards for that hard to buy person, make sure to check the back of the card to verify that the area with the protective scratch-off hasn’t been tampered with.
- Charity Giving: The holidays bring out the warm side of people and the desire to spread holiday cheer. If you decide to donate to a charity, make sure it’s one that you are familiar with. Research before donating.
When shopping online, you can follow these steps:
- Only provide card or account details on secure websites when checking out. Look for the padlock symbol.
- Use PayPal to check out, if possible.
- Always keep your device’s security software up-to-date.
- Check account statements and report any suspicious transactions immediately.
Happy holidays and safe shopping!
Now Available: Apple Pay for First International Bank & Trust Debit and Credit Cards
Welcome to a New Way to Pay!
We are excited to announce that we are now offering Apple Pay® with your First International Bank & Trust debit or credit card. Use Apple Pay to change the way you pay! It’s easy, secure, private and works at thousands of stores and participating apps. To see a complete list of Apple Pay merchants, click here.
Apple Pay allows you to make payments for goods or services directly from your mobile device, without having to provide card information at each transaction. Once you add and verify your FIB&T debit or credit card information on your device, you will be ready to make secure payments with Apple Pay.
Why Use Apple Pay?
Ever find yourself digging through your purse for your wallet? Have you gotten to the checkout line and realized you've forgotten your credit card at home? Let Apple Pay relieve those frustrations by paying in-store using just your phone! It’s easy, confidential, safe and reliable.
- Simpler Payments | Hold your phone near an NFC reader and approve with your fingerprint or passcode.
- Greater Privacy | Apple will not track your transactions and store that data.
- Safe & Secure | Transactions are made without using card details, which reduces the chance of fraud. With Apple Pay, the device account number, along with a transaction specific dynamic security code is used to process the payment.
- Better Experience | Apple is known for their exceptional user experiences, and Apple Pay doesn’t disappoint.
Pay with a Single Touch.
Rest easy. Apple Pay transactions are authorized with TouchID® thumbprint security or your passcode, and transactions never use your card number.
It’s a snap to get started
- Make sure your iPhone, iPad Air or iPad mini is running the latest version of iOS.
- Add your First International Bank & Trust debit or credit card to Apple Pay by opening Passbook® on your mobile device.
- Using iSight® camera, capture an image of your First International Bank & Trust
card or type your information in manually.
- You will be prompted to call First International Bank & Trust to verify your
card with Apple Pay.
- You're ready to go! Use it within apps or hold your device near a contactless
reader with your finger TouchID.
Look for these icons at checkout:
Looking for more information?
For more information on Apple Pay, including a list of FAQs, click here.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad Air and Passbook are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay, iPad mini, Apple Watch, iTunes and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
First International Bank & Trust does not charge a fee for the use of Apple Pay or First International Bank & Trust Mobile Banking. If you do not already have a data plan with your wireless service provider, normal data rates will apply.