Do you have an idea that would benefit your community?
Every day we work to help our customers Live First. We strive to provide convenient services that meet all of your banking needs, so that you can spend more time focusing on the things that matter, like family and community.
We value the communities in which we live and work and know you do too! That’s why we’re inviting you to apply for our Live First Community Grant, which awards $5,000 to a project or cause that makes a difference in your community.
Many of our customers and community members are already actively involved with great causes that could qualify for the Live First Community Grant. Ideas could include:
- Starting a community garden for growing vegetables
- Donating to a local shelter to provide emergency supplies for families
- Volunteering and buying supplies for a food bank
- Purchasing a new piano for your local theater program
- Providing medical equipment to a family in need
You can see our winners from last year here!
How Winners are Chosen
Our team at First International Bank & Trust will choose one project that we feel makes the biggest impact on the community. Even if your project isn’t awarded the $5,000 grant, you still have another chance to win. We’re awarding three runner-up grants for $1,000 each to the projects that get the most votes from our fans!
Voting for the three runner-up grants will open on March 13, 2017 at 12:00 am CST. Voting will close on March 31, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST.
How to Apply
Here’s what you need to apply: An idea for a project or event! How would you use a $5,000 grant to benefit your community? You’ll need to include:
- A photo that represents your project. This can be anything that captures the spirit of your idea. People will see the photo when they go to vote.
- A name for your project. People will also see when they vote, so make sure it’s catchy and descriptive.
- A description of the project. How the project will help your community and who will benefit. Be specific! Include any organizations that would be part of your project (if applicable, for example, a 4H chapter, a high school program or your local animal shelter). Also, include a budget breakdown of how you would use the $5,000.
Once you’re ready to apply, visit our Facebook page. You can also view the official rules there.
Best of luck to all applicants – we can’t wait to see your ideas! Applications close March 12, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST – so get started now!
Applicants – please come back to the page during the voting period and share your entry any time you want to remind your friends to vote. Just click View entries, find your own entry and then Share. Don’t forget to spread the word in other ways, too. You can put up posters, send emails and ask your friends to do the same!
First International Bank & Trust, Member FDIC, EHL